EXETER CYCLING CAMPAIGN
Guiding principles for how we will work
As a member of Exeter Cycling Campaign we commit to being:
- Polite, never rude or aggressive. We will not denigrate others. We will be inclusive in all we do.
- Supportive of each other whilst recognising that we will not all always agree.
- Present ourselves as a unified group of people pressing for coherent goals.
- Supportive of Officers, Councillors and others to understand the issues and offer positive solutions.
- Seeking to turn negative expressions into positive outcomes.
- Holding those in authority to their stated pledges and signed-up strategies.
- Basing our statements on research and hard data wherever possible.
- Campaigning initiatives will be for specific, targeted purposes only.
- Independent of any political party, organisation or group whilst recognising the need to work with like-minded organisations.
How we will organise ourselves
A Steering Group will collectively act to pursue the purpose and aims of Exeter Cycling Campaign
The Steering Group will:
- consist of no more than 8 people (to keep it focused) and will be quorate with five members present
- seek to move forward through consensus decision making
- be drawn from people willing to contribute time and energy to pursuing Exeter Cycling Campaign goals
- publicise openly its actions / thinking / steer among the wider group of members of the Exeter Cycling Campaign
- regularly consult with members of Exeter Cycling Campaign
- coordinate and liaise with any Exeter Cycling campaign groups set up to pursue particular initiatives
Working Groups / Task & Finish groups
These will be set up as needed by the Steering Group and comprise any people who have relevant skills / knowledge for the working group ie from within and beyond Exeter Cycling Campaign membership.
Working Groups will work up recommendations and/or information reports for the Steering Group.