Greater Exeter Strategic Plan
Exeter Cycling Campaign prepared detailed recommendations to the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan (GESP); a collaboration between Exeter City Council and the local authoriy's immediate neighbours with a view to creating a strategy for improvement and strategic growth for the area.
Our recommedations report can be viewed here:
More details about the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan can be found here:
Exeter Cycling Campaign’s team responds to all significant planning applications that are received by Exeter City Council.
In doing so we hope to raise the levels of knowledge, awareness and understanding amongst our local authority decision makers.
Consequently, our council representatives can also be clear to applicants about the importance of accommodating suitable facilities for people cycling at the design stage.
As a result, we will have a city that is well designed and serves all of us as best it can.
You can read some of our recent and past planning application responses on-line and we have included a selection below.
Responding to Planning Applications
The Cycle Campaign has held a number of workshops to provide guidance on the most effective ways to comment on Planning Applications. Material from the most recent workshop is available
Recent Responses to Planning Applications
"Amazing proposal, if just one like this is successful, it should pave the way for more innovation. This campaign is doing such great work for all our benefit!"
- Dec 2017: Deaf Academy Site
- Oct 2017: Student Accommodation, Howell Road
- Oct 2017: Sandrock
- Sep 2017: Exeter College
- Aug 2017: Topsham RFC Care Home
- Aug 2017: Topsham RFC
- Aug 2017: Clyst Road
- Aug 2017: The Lookout, Exeter Business Park
- Jul 2017: UoE New Family Centre - Hope Hall
- Jul 2017: Holland Park Phase 3
- Jun 2017: Heritage Homes, Old Rydon Lane
- May 2017: Spreyton Way Student Accommodation
- Apr 2017: Hill Barton Phase 2
- Apr 2017: Blakeslee Drive Community Hub
- Mar 2017: Hawkins Road Park and Change
- Jan 2017: Heritage Homes, Old Rydon Lane
- Aug 2016: Princesshay Public Consultation