Greater Exeter Strategic Plan
Exeter Cycling Campaign prepared detailed recommendations to the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan (GESP); a collaboration between Exeter City Council and the local authority's immediate neighbours with a view to creating a strategy for improvement and strategic growth for the area.
Our recommedations report can be viewed here:
More details about the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan can be found here:
To subscribe to Exeter Cycling Campaign's Newsletter please enter your email address in the subscription form.
The Newsletter is published about once a month and is occasionally supplemented by notices of specific events such as workshops or socials.
Exeter Cycling Campaign’s team responds to all significant planning applications that are received by Exeter City Council.
In doing so we hope to raise the levels of knowledge, awareness and understanding amongst our local authority decision makers.
Consequently, our council representatives can also be clear to applicants about the importance of accommodating suitable facilities for people cycling at the design stage.
As a result, we will have a city that is well designed and serves all of us as best it can.
We have included a selection of recent and past planning application responses below.
Responding to Planning Applications
The Cycle Campaign has held a number of workshops to provide guidance on the most effective ways to comment on Planning Applications. Material from the most recent workshop is available
Recent Responses to Planning Applications
- Apr 2019: Exeter College, Hele Road Campus
- Mar 2019: School, Hollow Lane/Harts Lane, Monkerton
- Mar 2019: Toys R Us, Sidmouth Road
- Mar 2019: Alphin House, Mill Lane
- Feb 2019: Seabrook Orchards Phase 2
- Feb 2019: Old Rydon Way - Proposed One Way Change
- Feb 2019: Response to Exeter's Transport Strategy
- Jan 2019: Land East of Langaton Lane, Science Park
- Jan 2019: Guildhall Phase 2
- Jan 2019: Beech Hill
- Jan 2019: Hill Pond Caravan and Camping Site
- Dec 2018: Land north of Arran Gardens, Hollow Lane and Higher Furlong, Monkerton
- Nov 2018: Pilton Lane
- Oct 2018: Honiton Road
- Sep 2018: Home Farm, Church Hill
- Sep 2018: Police Headquarters
- Sep 2018: Cumberland Way
- Sep 2018: Gipsy Hill Hotel
- Aug 2018: Wear Barton Road
- Jul 2018: B&Q
- Jul 2018: Gipsy Hill Hotel
- Jul 2018: Tithebarn Green
- May 2018: Nursing Home, College Way
- Mar 2018: WPD Retail Park, Honiton Road
- Mar 2018: Monkerton Local Centre
- Mar 2018: Further Revised Sandrock Application
- Mar 2018: Revised Sandrock Application
- Feb 2018: Honiton Road Retail Development
- Feb 2018: Monkerton Farm
- Feb 2018: Monkerton Farm
- Jan 2018: Russell Way Care Home
- Jan 2018: Morrisons: Home Delivery Unit
"Amazing proposal, if just one like this is successful, it should pave the way for more innovation. This campaign is doing such great work for all our benefit!"
- Dec 2017: Deaf Academy Site
- Oct 2017: Student Accommodation, Howell Road
- Oct 2017: Sandrock
- Sep 2017: Exeter College
- Aug 2017: Topsham RFC Care Home
- Aug 2017: Topsham RFC
- Aug 2017: Clyst Road
- Aug 2017: The Lookout, Exeter Business Park
- Jul 2017: UoE New Family Centre - Hope Hall
- Jul 2017: Holland Park Phase 3
- Jun 2017: Heritage Homes, Old Rydon Lane
- May 2017: Spreyton Way Student Accommodation
- Apr 2017: Hill Barton Phase 2
- Apr 2017: Blakeslee Drive Community Hub
- Mar 2017: Hawkins Road Park and Change
- Jan 2017: Heritage Homes, Old Rydon Lane
- Aug 2016: Princesshay Public Consultation